Chronicle Webinar: How to Easily Manage 36 Parish Cemetery Records and Maps In 1 Online Platform
In January 2021, Paul led the Archdiocese of Hobart in creating a centralised electronic database of all deceased records under the care of their parish cemeteries and columbariums. The project included drone mapping each of the cemeteries, collecting historic records, visiting each cemetery, cross-checking the records, gaining support from the community, and much more.
Watch our webinar to learn:
- Why the Archdiocese decided to undertake this project on behalf of the parishes
- The ups and downs of the digitisation journey
- Feedback from the community and Archdioceses
- Paul’s thoughts on the value of the project
This webinar promises to be a fantastic tale of transitioning 36(!) cemeteries online while interpreting dispersed records, each with different record-keeping styles and many different people involved along the way.
Whether you are joining as a Parish, Diocese, Archdiocese, or other interested parties considering how to move your cemetery online, you won’t want to miss this exploration of the world-leading project completed in Tasmania.
In this webinar, we will cover:
- The case study of the Catholic Archdiocese of Hobart in working with an outsourced cemetery software team
- Q&A session with Catholic Archdiocese of Hobarts Director of Corporate Services and Chronicle’s CEO
- Insights among like-minded Parishes who are facing the similar problems
Simply fill out this form and you will receive the full webinar recording. By filling in the form, you will also be the first to know about our next webinar so you won’t miss it.
“Recently I had a call from someone who was trying to find his distant relative, and we were able to quickly identify the spot in Chronicle, and I think without this software it would have been just too hard to work out..”
Paul T. – Director of Corporate Services
Archdiocese of Hobart.